Dr. Tatiana Zdyb
Dr. Tatiana Zdyb is a registered Clinical Psychologist with the College of Psychologists of Ontario. Dr. Zdyb has over a decade of experience providing psychological services to adults. She has been studying psychedelic medicine for over twenty-five years and has had a personal meditation practice for over thirty years.
Dr. Zdyb completed a Ph.D. at the University of Western Ontario in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences with a specialization in Health Promotion. She also completed all pre-dissertation requirements of the Psy.D. (Doctorate of Psychology) in Clinical Psychology at Adler University.
Additionally, Dr. Zdyb has a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology from Adler University, and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Philosophy (philosophy of science) from the University of Western Ontario.
The Psychedelic Psychotherapy Renaissance: Evidence-based or Trendy-taboo?
Speaker: Dr. Tatiana Zdyb
Prerequisites: No prior knowledge or experience with psychedelics is required to participate in this workshop. This session has been designed to accommodate differing levels of knowledge, experience as well as perspectives on psychedelic enhanced psychotherapy.
The resurgence of psychedelics for the legal treatment of patients with mental illness has been gaining significant momentum both within the medical & health investment communities over the last few years. This work session brings together a comprehensive overview of the current research findings, key insights to date, evidence-based treatment models and other key information for mental healthcare professionals.
● Findings/limitations of the current research
● Common patient questions / concerns
● Legalities and extended health benefit reimbursement
● Case study(s)
1. Understand the current activities surrounding the re-exploration of psychedelics for the treatment of patients with mental illness within Canada and around the world
2. Understand current research trends with psychedelics [which psychedelics and conditions are being investigated]
3. Understand common models of psychedelic enhanced psychotherapy
4. [Case study] Review of a Canadian patient experience
5. Understand key resources available to healthcare professionals for ongoing updates in the area of psychedelic enhanced psychotherapy.