Polina Fedotenko, RP, is a recent graduate from Yorkville University (Masters in Counselling Psychology). She has additional training in the Gottman method, CBT and sex therapy. Polina works with individuals of all ages and couples, using Schema, EFT and Gottman method.
Transference and Counter-transference: Indicators of issues or a therapist’s most valuable spider sense?
Speakers: Candice Miller-Hamilton, RP and Polina Fedotenko, RP
- Understand the concepts and complexities of T&CT across therapeutic modalities
- Understand the benefits and dangers of engaging with T&CT
- Identify red flags of problematic T&CT
- Using T&CT as a therapeutic tool
- Ethical considerations of T&CT
- Using T&CT for self reflection and bias identification
Transference and counter-transference are often spoken of as dangerous and raise ethical questions.
This workshop will help you to build a stronger understanding of the presence of transference and counter-transference, the intersection of personal and professional self awareness, and how to use this knowledge to enhance and protect your practice.
You will leave the workshop with concrete strategies to manage Transference and Counter Transference that will make you a more self aware and ethical practitioner.